h3.post-title {font-family: 'Cedarville Cursive';}

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Be Cicak

Good Evening.








I woke up from a lovely evening nap at 7 pm just now. It was raining so heavily. The one big bolt of lightning accompanied by thunder woke me up for awhile. (Did you guys notice the big bolt? It was fantastic!)

So anyway, Lisa woke me up and wanted to go for a drink. So i went downstairs to check if Papa had bought me dinner.
As i strolled down the stairs with my hand on the banister (cos i wasn't wearing my specs), i felt something rubbery and small golek under my palm.
and then i heard 'pleck' on the black table thats right under the stairs.

And then when i went down to have a closer look, eeyer! its a baby cicak. It was so small, and it sure looked golek...or rolled. It was like lying senget on the table.

So kesian.

I thought it was dead, so i went to the kitchen to take a piece of tissue to pick it up and give it a proper burial in the longkang behind my house.
But then came back to the table, it was gone!

So resilient.

So the moral of the story here is, in Christ, we are like cicak - we are resilient, strong, unshakable.

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."
37
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Romans 8:35-39)

No comments :