h3.post-title {font-family: 'Cedarville Cursive';}

Monday, June 23, 2008

influenc-ing/es








Influence '08 was a conference for young adults, the just-started-working, and the going-to-work-soon batch, the same generation what went for Parousia 2000 and Parousia 2001. (yea, so why not call it "Parousia : all grown up"?...well, thats just my opinion, i'm not very original :) )
But strangely, i didn't recognize many people there from the former Parousia conferences (not that i knew everyone at the former Parousia conferences also la)

Anyhoos...it was a very good conference, and i would go next year should there be another. I especially liked the speakers Micheal Tang (because he looks like Gandalf-Gandalf is from LOTR, Lisa, not Harry Potter!) and Benny Ng (even though he's from Singapore, no offense to Singaporeans :))

Micheal (cehh...like i know him, haha) said "Consistency is the key to successful branding". See? CONSISTENCY.
What is our brand as Christians?
"...they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony.." (Rev12:11)
"...but the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law" (Gal 5:22-23)
"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:15)

I think to echo what the apostle Paul wrote to Timothy would be to sum what was shared throughout the conference (at least what i gathered la)
"Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy." (1 Tim 6:17)

~To not store up for ourselves temporary things, things that 'moth and rust can destroy'-things the world offers, but to store for ourselves treasures in heaven, where 'moth and rust cannot destroy', our eternal inheritance as children of the Living God, Who provides all things for us on earth and for eternity.

*smiles all round*


One Thing - Hillsongs

One thing I desire
One thing I seek
To gaze upon Your beauty
And Your majesty
God of my salvation
Lifter of my head
Teach me how to live oh Lord
In Your righteousness

So I pray to You
So I pray to You

Lord Your name
Is higher than the heavens
Lord Your name
Is higher than all created things
Higher than hope
Higher than dreams
The name of the Lord

In the day of trouble
You cover me
In the secret place of refuge
Lord I will sing

I will seek Your face
Call upon Your name Jesus
All I want is You
Jesus

2 comments :

dareNtiff said...

Hey tks for sharing .... can we put take part of your post and put it on the Influence Blog?

Tks
Daren

Yvonne Lim said...

sure :)