h3.post-title {font-family: 'Cedarville Cursive';}

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fog-ed Up, Part 2

They fogged the house again. This time without warning, malang tidak berbau (Well, in this case, malang yang berbau la).
I was happily eating porridge + marmite + vege + egg (porridge + marmite + vege + egg are my staple diet here) and drinking Nestle's Yogurt Drink (Tropical Fruits), whilst reading The Kite Runner. It was a very relaxed time, just sitting there, chopsticks in one hand, novel in another. Yohan came back with his tapau-ed nasi kerabu, we exchange greetings. It was all very serene, calm, nothing chaotic. No rushing about, not much talking. Just quiet, book and chopsticks.

Suddenly the distant vrrrr came nearer and nearer, VRRRRR. And without any warning, the house was filled with smoke. Literally.

The calm changed to quiet shock, which broke when Yohan shouted, "Get the food off the table!", so i grabbed an empty plate to cover my precious vege, and ran to hide it, of all places, in my bedroom.

As the smoke seeped in, out of control, we frantically tried to find a place to shield ourselves from it. There wasn't anywhere. We opened the front door to run out, and more smoke came in. The "laundry room" was too full of, well, laundry, for us to even squeeze in. In the end we were driven into a corner, and there we waited with the front of our t-shirts over our noses. The fog was so thick we couldn't even see each other, let alone the rest of the house.

Well, the smoke in the house eventually subsided, because Yohan braved through all that poison to turn on the fans full blast. We still couldn't open the front door because more smoke from the stairway would get in, so we felt our way to the back windows and opened all of them wide. And hung with our arms dangling from the window grill, gasping for fresh air.
It was terrible.

However, in other news, I had a blast tonight with my GaLZ :) We had CG and a very fulfilling time discussing quiet time.
Praise the Lord for all His goodness (even the mozzie fog - it keeps dengue at bay). I am reminded again of His Love and His Sovereignty, reminded that because the LORD of all holds me, I am in good hands.
There is nothing like :)

You are my Strength

You are my Strength
Strength like no other
Strength like no other
Reaches to me

You are my Hope
Hope like no other
Hope like no other
Reaches to me

In the fullness of Your grace
In the power of Your Name
You lift me up
You lift me up

Unfailing love
Stronger than mountains
Deeper than oceans
Reaches to me

Your love O Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness
Reaches to the skies
-United, Savior King

No comments :