h3.post-title {font-family: 'Cedarville Cursive';}

Friday, September 3, 2010

Don’t read if you’re already depressed.

I am starting to see the my world, slowly, bit by bit, for what it is. And it is not pretty. In fact, for the most part it is downright nasty – rotten to the core. Thinking about it makes me think of what happens to apples when you cut them in half and leave the insides exposed to oxygen. They turn brown and slowly start to rot.

I don’t mean to sound so negative, not especially on my ‘first day back’ after such a long hiatus. Yew Meng commented today, as I was lamenting to him about the messed up state we I am living in, “What are you a pessimist?”. Never in my life has anyone called me a pessimist. I am/was 88% Sanguine, according to the crazya**-long questionnaire we did to figure out why some are perky and some are not. Now I’m starting to wonder why no one took into account our sugar-intake.

Louie Armstrong must have been hallucinating when he sang “What a wonderful world”.

If only we would learn to be kinder, nicer, less selfish, more giving. That would help things by a mile.

1 comment :

babynie said...

u r one of d most optimistic person i have ever seen.
hearin u said tis reli made me depressed!!:(