h3.post-title {font-family: 'Cedarville Cursive';}

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Who am I, that You are mindful of me?









I cast all my cares upon You

i lay all of my burdens, down at Your feet
And anytime i don't know what to do
i will cast all my cares upon You

If there is one question, or one challenge posed to us every season, for this one, mine would be

"Do you trust Me?"

Today at CG, someone commented "Many see Christianity, or religion for that matter as a crutch for the weak."
To which Joanne replied "Then ask them la, you so strong ah? Can stand on your own ah?"
(yes, Joanne was kinda in a feisty mood today)

Well, Lord, I for one cannot. I need You.

Was very inspired by what Ju Lee shared today. (she led the CG). Referring to John 21 : 15-19, she had us remember what Jesus asked Peter :

Do You Love Me?
15After breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?"

"Yes, Master, you know I love you."

Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."

16He then asked a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?"

"Yes, Master, you know I love you."

Jesus said, "Shepherd my sheep."

17-19Then he said it a third time: "Simon, son of John, do you love me?"

Peter was upset that he asked for the third time, "Do you love me?" so he answered, "Master, you know everything there is to know. You've got to know that I love you."

Jesus said, "Feed my sheep. I'm telling you the very truth now: When you were young you dressed yourself and went wherever you wished, but when you get old you'll have to stretch out your hands while someone else dresses you and takes you where you don't want to go." He said this to hint at the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. And then he commanded, "Follow me."

-----------------------

"Do you love Me more than these?" He asks us, everyday. "Then feed My lambs. Tend to and feed My sheep"

"Do you love Me? Then give up everything and follow Me"

-----------------------

Who am i that You are mindful of me? That You hear me when i call?
Is it true that You are thinking of me?
How You love me, it's amazing!

No comments :